Track debts between roommates
Anyone whose lived in a dorm or an apartment knows that debts can pile up fast between roommates. And they’re not always neat little sums of $10.
After a few pizza nights, a round of beers, 5 months of rent and utilities, and so on, remembering “who owes who how much” is pretty much a hopeless pipe dream.
A spreadsheet can keep track of everything, but somebody has to be the unlucky one tracking all the receipts.
There’s a better way. We have the technology.
Enter: Pay Up! It’s 100% intended to be a “use it and forget it” tool. Here’s how it works:
- First, open PayUp and make an account.
- Do a one-time configuration: how many roommates are there in your place?
- Buy some stuff. Keep your receipts!
- Open Pay Up, and enter the total cost.
- If everything is going to be split evenly, then you’re done! All debts will be split amongst everyone evenly and the purchaser (the one who paid) will get their fair share.
- Otherwise, you can select specific items from your receipt to have a custom split. John isn’t going to be using the makeup? Easy - remove him from the makeup item and the cost will be split evenly amongst the others.
- At the end of the month - or whenever you prefer - settle your debts with Venmo! (Or Zelle, for larger payments).
There are other planned features in development, like:
- Ability to take a photo of the receipt to easily customize items and extract totals
- Improved UI to customize purchases either additively or subtractively for faster entry
More news to come!
Built with ❤️ from Adelie. Built using Go, Gin, & React Native.
Return To Projects